- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
We focus on real and authentic wine farms, their people, local delicacies, and the true culture behind the wine lands. Our tours are private and can be customized to your needs.
• Meeting and sharing wine with locals, hearing their stories, tasting wine out of old oak barrels, visiting small local farms as well as world-famous estates, tasting cheese and other local delicacies, walking through wine cellars and vineyards, and tasting various wines will be the order of the day! Enjoy lunch surrounded by rolling vineyards.
• You will get to visit world-famous estates. BUT even better…as you will also get to taste the wine lands in a more real way by visiting hidden farms only known to locals.
• From a leisurely hike through vineyards and a protected nature reserve, to bird watching and safari. This tour is a perfect symbiosis of nature and wine.
1 person – R5045
2 people – R3,645 per person
3 people – R3,185 per person
4 people – R2,670 per person
5 people – R2,370 per person
6 people – R2,210 per person
7 people – R2,130 per person
R2,070 per person for 8 – more guests
We will have the following stops:
Collection Cape Town
Pick up at your directed location in Cape Town and surrounding areas
Our first visit takes us to Mooiplaas, a historic and traditional working wine estate, owned and managed by the Roos Family who are celebrating over 50 years on the farm. The history of the farm dates back to 1806, with the Manor House on the estate (a national monument -a rare example of Cape Dutch architecture). The estate covers an area of 243 hectares, of which approximately 100 hectares are planted with vineyards and 60 hectares are dedicated to the Mooiplaas Private Nature Reserve, with breathtaking 360-degree views of Table Mountain, the Cape Peninsula, Stellenbosch, the Swartland, Table Bay and False Bay. Guided all the way to the top, you’ll get to learn about the unique terroir, the vineyards practices as well as the variety of Fynbos and Renosterbos species in the reserve. (There are a wider variety of these species in the Western Cape than all the plant species in the Northern Hemisphere!). Once done with the morning hike, you’ll make your way back to the tasting room to indulge in a selection of their top award winning wines.
Next we make our way to Hartenberg, here you’ll indulge in their range of exquisite wines whilst enjoying a 2 course lunch served under the majestic oaks that surround their tasting room terrace (in winter it would be next to a roaring fire). They are proud members of Biodiversity and Wine (BWI) and Integrated Production of Wine (IPW), and the estate is home to plentiful wildlife and over 120 species of birds – inspiring them to combine the best of nature with fine wine. Your guide will take you on a boardwalk meander after lunch exploring the natural wetlands.
Lastly we’ll make our way to Villiera, 3rd Generation of the Grier family on the estate has seen the modest beginnings transform to an award winning and industry leader, not just in quality wine, but also with social responsibility, environmental awareness and conservation. You’ll get to learn about all of these during your wine tasting and as you embark on a two hour game drive, a number of mammals have been introduced in the Wildlife Sanctuary: Springbuck, Kudu, Giraffe, Bontebok, Eland, Gemsbok, Black Wildebeest, Bush Pig, Burchell’s Zebra, common Duiker, Steenbuck and Grysbok.
Back to Cape Town
After having seen amazing landscapes, tasting plenty of wines, and most of all experienced the real culture of SA wine!, you will be dropped off at your accommodation by your Wine Lord.
• Knowledgeable, qualified guide.
• Private air-conditioned vehicle.
• Pick up and drop off at your accommodation.
• Vineyard and Cellar tour.
• All tastings, pairings/luncheons as set out in itinerary.
• Truly a unique South African experience.
• All other meals and drinks and items of a personal nature.
• Cloth face mask
Wear something comfortable with comfortable shoes as there are some walking involved.
All year round, subject to availability of the estates but closed on Christmas and New Year.