- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
The adrenaline rush from shark cage diving comes from being face to face with one of the world’s greatest predators – the Great White Shark.
• The experience plants you in their territory, while the safety of the cage allows you to be an observer and learn what Great White Sharks are really like.
• An on-board marine biologist will educate you about this amazing apex predator and you will also be provided with a breakfast or lunch, as well as a wetsuit sizing before your dive and a celebratory beverage to toast the occasion.
• After this once-in-a-lifetime experience, you’ll find yourself buzzing with excitement and adrenaline. You will have had the opportunity to come up close and personal with one of the ocean's most majestic and foreboding creatures.
• The boat (Slashfin), is the largest in the industry (according to the most deck space per customer) and was purposely built for shark cage diving. It includes two restrooms and an upper deck for the ultimate viewing and photography experience outside of the cage.
We will have the following stops:
Cape Town Collection
You'll be picked up at your accommodation in Cape Town and surrounding areas. The trip to Gansbaai is around 3 hours. All the guests will meet at the Great White House in Kleinbaai.
Meal / Wetsuit Sizing
You will receive breakfast or lunch and register your wetsuit size
Undergo a pre-trip safety briefing about what to expect during the trip and a biological background on great white sharks.
To The Boat
Take a 200m stroll down to the harbour to board Slashfin and commence your excursion
Ride To Shallows
Begin the boat ride to Dyer Island (approximately 20 minutes), where we then will anchor and begin setting up
Anchor for 2 hours (depending on shark activity/conditions) and take on the daunting cage diving experience
Weather permitting, you will take a quick trip through the infamous Shark Alley
Return to the Great White House
Head back to the Great White House for a debrief and a celebratory beverage to toast the occasion!
Finally, we head back home to your accommodation in Cape Town on a 3-hour drive.
• Chauffeur driven RETURN trip from Cape Town
• A Shark Cage Dive / viewing guided by a marine biologist
• Road transfer from selected locations
• A light meal (breakfast or lunch depending on time of trip), refreshments on board, and soup and bread on return
• Equipment such as wet suits, booties, masks, and towels
• Life jackets and waterproof jackets
• Video link of your experience (can be purchased in addition to the dive / viewing excursion at a cost of R200 approx.)
• Bathing Costume
• Anti Nausea medication (should seasickness be a concern)
• Bathing Costume
• Warm clothing (it is cold on the water when the wind blows)
• Tackies / sneakers
• Wind breaker
Maximum weight: 150.0 kg
All year round, subject to availability and weather conditions. Only closed on Christmas day and New Year.
The service is weather dependent. Contact must be made 24 hours before the time of the excursion to be informed about the local weather and sea conditions.