- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Boasting one of the best views in the world, this experience allows you the jump of your life! Here you will board our aircraft and fly 9000ft (2.74km) above ground level.
• You will be able to catch views of the city bowl, False Bay, Hout Bay, Cape Point, Robben Island, and the Atlantic Ocean.
Your experience will have the following parts:
Take a 35 minute drive north along the R27 (West Coast road) to Melkbosstrand, Western Cape. This is where you will arrive at our facility to begin the activity. Aim to arrive 10 minutes before your booked time.
Board your aircraft and embark on a 20 minute flight to your tandem skydive peak of 9000ft (2.74km) above ground level.
Tandem jump from the aircraft for a 30 second, 120mph/ 200kph free-fall. Your internationally qualified tandem master will then open your parachute at about 5000ft.
Enjoy the 5 minute relaxed parachute ride back to the ground and then begin your trip back to the starting point.
Video and Pictures
To capture this experience, your Tandem Master can film your skydive by means of cameras attached to his wrist. You can see the footage in the end and purchase it if you want to keep the memory!
• All operational gear including goggles to wear during the skydive that fit over spectacles
• Jump suits / coveralls
• A USB flash drive is supplied with the camera option and contains both your HD video and still pictures (optional extra)
• Transport (optional extra)
• Sense of adventure
• Cash for food and drink
• Credit card for additional services
• Sunscreen and a hat.
• Wear comfortable clothes (e.g. jeans/pants or shorts and a t-shirt or sweatshirt)
• Well fitting, lace-up type shoes (no heels, hooks or snag points)
Yes, the minimum age is 12 years old
• A tandem jump requires general good health. Age, history of major illness, injuries or operations may exclude participation – ask your doctor if in doubt. You must be able to lift and hold your legs aloft prior to and during the parachute landing.
• The maximum weight for a tandem passenger is 100kg (220lbs/15.75 stone). Please note that this is the absolute maximum permissible weight. Passengers are weighed on arrival to facilitate loading of the aircraft.
• Parental consent is required for passengers under the age of 18. A signed letter brought with on the day or an email will suffice.
• There is a minimum weight requirement of 35kg (77lbs/ 5.5 stone)
Seven days a week, year round, subject to weather and availability. Closed on Christmas and New Year.
Skydive Cape Town