- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
The adrenaline rush from shark cage diving comes from being face to face with one of the world’s greatest predators – the Great White Shark.
• The experience plants you in their territory, while the safety of the cage allows you to be an observer and learn what Great White Sharks are really like.
• An on-board marine biologist will educate you about this amazing apex predator and you will also be provided with a breakfast or lunch, as well as a wetsuit sizing before your dive and a celebratory beverage to toast the occasion.
• After this once-in-a-lifetime experience, you’ll find yourself buzzing with excitement and adrenaline. You will have had the opportunity to come up close and personal with one of the ocean's most majestic and foreboding creatures.
• The boat (Slashfin), is the largest in the industry (according to the most deck space per customer) and was purposely built for shark cage diving. It includes two restrooms and an upper deck for the ultimate viewing and photography experience outside of the cage.
We have the following stops:
Meet in Kleinbaai
Guests meet at THE GREAT WHITE HOUSE in Kleinbaai
Guests receive a pre-trip safety briefing about what to expect during the trip and a biological background on great white sharks
You then take a 200m stroll down to the harbour to board Slashfin
Travel time to Dyer Island
Travel time to Dyer Island is approximately 20 minutes, with the shallows being a short 10-minute ride (where we anchor depends on where the sharks are)
2 Hour shark activity
On average, you will anchor for 2 hours, but this depends on shark activity, conditions, as well as a number of divers
Weather permitting, you take a quick trip through the infamous Shark Alley
Return to the Great White House
Head back to the Great White House for a debrief.
• A Shark Cage Dive / Viewing guided by a marine biologist.
• Equipment such as wet suits, booties, masks and a towel are provided.
• Life jackets and waterproof jackets are also supplied.
• A video link of your experience is included in the price
• Transport to Gansbaai
• Bathing Costume
• Anti Nausea medication
• Bathing Costume
• Warm clothing (it is cold on the water when the wind blows)
• Tackies / sneakers
• Wind breaker
• Maximum weight: 150.0 kg
7 days a week year round, subject to availability and weather conditions. Only closed on Christmas day and New Year.
The service is weather and tide dependent. Time slots are not confirmed times. Please ensure that you make the whole day available as times can only be confirmed the day before and is not negotiable. You will be advised the day before what time your trip will go out.